1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 screens in system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RPhox, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RPhox

RPhox Thread Starter

Because some of my son's games wouldn't play on XP, I reformatted his pc and reinstalled Windows 98. I ran into some problems installing the drivers for the GeForce card but finally got it installed.

The problem is that now in the Display icon of the Control Panel it show 2 monitors connected to the system???? If I remove the "Unknown" monitor from the system, it only gets reinstalled the next time I start up the pc.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
    RFox

Pentium III
    Windows 98
    192 RAM
    GeForce2 MX 400 Graphics Card

2. RPhox

RPhox Thread Starter

Doesn't anybody have any suggestions on this one?

3. Crylynx

Crylynx

Did you try going to your display tools and check and see if it is set for dual monitors, That could be doing it if that card supports it.

**CRYLYNX**

4. Crylynx

Crylynx

If that doesn't work try going to control panel then system, then device manager, remove the unknown one there by deleting it. Then hit refresh.

Hope this helps ya

**CRYLYNX**

5. RPhox

RPhox Thread Starter

I don't know what the Display tools are. On the Settings Tab of the Display Properties there are 2 monitors to choose from.

As I said, I tried Remove from the System Device manager but when I reboot, the system automatically detects "New Hardware" and reinstalls the Unknown Monitor. And I've even disabled the "Detect Plug and Pray Monitors" from the Display Settings!!!

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there RPhox...

What I would suggest is to remove both monitors from Device Manager, then reboot...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice