1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 speaker adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vg19, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vg19

    vg19 Thread Starter

    Oct 13, 2001

    Im looking for the adapter that you plug into your sound card speaker slot, that will allow you to hook up more than 1 set of speakers.

    I am not sure what this spilter is called. I would like to buy one off of ebay. If you know what I am talking about, please tell me the name of this adapter.

  2. active95


    Feb 3, 2002
    If you want to have 4 speakers working instead of regular 2, all you need is a Y-adapter 1/8 m/f from RadioShack ( about $10 ) which will let you use 2 sets of speakers instead of 1.
    But there is a problem with that setup, Without getting to techincal using 2 pairs of speakers can damage your sound card .
    On the other hand if hope to achieve a "surround sound" effect with 2 sets of speakers, well that particular setup will not work.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111624

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice