1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 USB headsets on 1 PC

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dlaw, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dlaw

Dlaw Thread Starter

Hello and thank you for viewing this post.

So here's what I need to happen; I require two usb headsets to both function on one PC. I need the sound to be delivered to each individual headset and the microphone from each individual headset to be picked up by the pc.

I connected both USB headsets to the computer. They are both listed within Control Panel > Sound. I opened voice recorder and both mics recorded successfully. I played back my recording, but it would only come through on the default headset. Switch the default headset and the play back would switch as well. Both headsets would test just fine without having to change the defaults.

So is there a way in Windows to deliver the output to both headsets? Or perhaps within Media Player to play to both default and secondary headsets?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Dlaw

Windows 7
    Dell Optiplex 360

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Not that I'm aware. Windows only allows a single device for each type of audio.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice