1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Versions of WP on pc

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JosieM, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JosieM

JosieM Thread Starter

Hi,
    I installed WP Office 2000 (WP 9) with WP Suite 8 still on my pc. Would this cause file opening and printing to be extremely slow?? (Seems to make sense to me.) I would like to remove WP 8, but it will not remove from the Add/Remove -- just does nothing. Looks like the Office 9 Remover has taken over. I'm wondering if this Remover will uninstall BOTH versions if I try it. Thanks for any input.
    Josie

2. putasolution

putasolution

Yes, it will if M$KB 176823 is anything to go by

Personally I would leave it where it is ;)

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Josie's talking about WordPerfect's Office suite, and not Microsoft's...

I would wager that it'd be similar tho, in that you should install different versions into different folders. In other words, WP8 would be in Program Files folder. WP9 should have been put in maybe C:\WP9Office or some other folder. Otherwise, you're probably overwriting your WP8 files...

If it were me, I'd probably uninstall BOTH versions, reinstall 8 with default folder location, then reinstall 9 in the directory I just gave. Otherwise, you'll probably continue to find other problems.

4. putasolution

putasolution

beg pardon :eek:

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  6. tbritches

tbritches

Dreamboat is correct that they should be installed to separate directories, but this is the default way WP Office installs. (In other words, you only have to worry about it if you do a custom install). Before you reinstall WP9, check the version number in volinfo.txt on the root of the CD. If it is not 9.0.0.883, quickly call Corel and get the latest service pack. Then install WP9. Support for WP9 is ending soon. Even now Corel is only burning the SP4 CD's as needed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice