1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 way network problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JohnOster, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnOster

JohnOster Thread Starter

I have a 3 system network at home. 2 win98 and 1 WinMe. I have a DSL modem and Printer also. Everything is hooked together by an older simple Ethernet hub.

All systems use the DSL to surf. No problems.

My 2 win98 systems can access all the files on every system.

My WinMe system balks at accessing the Win98 systems though.
    Network not accessible is the msg. I think.
    Happens if I use either Network Neiborhood of Windows Explores to browse the network.

Its as if the file sharing portion of the network only works one way, fron the 98 units to the Me unit, and not the other way around.

During all this the DSL works fine on all units. Never any problems

Printing to the Networked printer works reasonably well but not perfect. Some refusals to print occasionally. But nothing I can put my finger on. Not a major issue for me.

Any Suggestions?

All drives and computers are shared and network properties seem fine on all units.

2. Monk_

Monk_

What protocols are you running?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice