Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 weird things.. Prolly an easy answer

522 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  apollovega 
#1 ·
Hey everyone :p I have a weird problem with this computer.. Well there's mainly 2 things.. One of which is prolly an easy answer and the other well, isn't so much.

First, On Windows xp Home, I was wondering for the task manager if you can get the full options that the task manager supports. On my windows XP Pro, I remember I could start programs, I could see my network send/recieve (I believe) and just things like that. I was wondering if you could do the same with windows home, and if you can, how so?

Secondly, (and this is the harder one), when I'm in 'normal mode' whenever I try to open up explorer, my computer, or even a simple folder, the screen sorta refreshes and it never opens what I want it to. When I rearrange the shortcuts on the desktop, and then try to open up my computer, IE, or a folder, the screen refreshes and the shortcuts reset too. It's like it goes back a few seconds or something.. I dunno. But whenever I'm in safe mode mode it's all perfectly fine and I can open up whatever I want sort of deal. I've (in 'normal mode')tried updating the drivers, doing a diagnostic startup, shutting down all non essential processes, spyware removal an so forth but still no success.

Any help?

I'm running Windows xp Home on 2.0 ghz, 256 ram, geforce mx..That's about all I can remember that would really matter. Anyways, any help what so ever would be appreciated. Thanks!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.