1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2 Wireless cards and a headache in a pear tree

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BugMaster, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BugMaster

BugMaster Thread Starter

Well I have 2 separate wireless cards, one WPC54G and a WMP54G. First, the WPC54G. This is more of a question about my laptop than the card, as it does the same thing to other cards. It doesn't recognize them. This just started out of the blue one day. When you put in a card, nothing. No lights, windows doesn't see it or anything. I reformatted and reinstalled, but to no avail. My PC Card drivers are working, its just that the computer won't power the cards I think. Its a Sony PCG933L which is conviently non-existant according to sony.

Windows XP SP1, working fine until a few days ago. Nothing installed/changed.

Now, the WMP54G. XP refuses to connect at all. I'll hit connect when it comes up with a list of networks, enter my key and all, and 10 seconds later, it asks me again. No connection at all. My old WET11 connects fine from the same place. Is there any reason for this? This computer is fully updated with XP SP1 and everything.

2. Akito

Akito

I'm having this same problem, and it's pissing me off. Going to call linksys in a bit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice