20 H2 update install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Exsiner65

after instlling and download ing 20 H2 update my task schediler has a Cid eror but it is not i te registry and i can not open it or use it. Some other tech went in to the registry did not export that error and now it is not in the registry how do I make it work short of reinstallng the operating system. This computer was set up from all windows 7 data could that be the reason worked ok in I installed the new update but i may also could have dome tis my self i had down loaded this up on the 17 and did not like it so i went to the windows uop date page and hit recover and went back to previous version and uninstalled the update after that I got error message for task scheduler snap in and event viewer snap in. I have an appoint with geek squad to ee if they can repair this but i do not want to start from scratch and lose all my data my desktop my apps programs etc. Because the computer works except for those things i mentioned

Exsiner65

can some one help me like i stated the tech removed the clid error in registry for task scheduler with out exporting it

Please be patient. This site provides help through volunteers. All of the available volunteers are busy at the moment. Someone will be with you asap.

Thanks for understanding.

Exsiner65

please tell me i do ot need a reinstall i did find a way on Google to do it with out losing apps and data

crjdriver

please tell me i do ot need a reinstall i did find a way on Google to do it with out losing apps and data
Before doing any update, you should make sure you have a current backup of data files. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about AND you should expect to lose said data at some point.

With any windows update and or feature update, you have the option to roll back to the previous version ie 2004. If you cannot fix the problem, just roll back.

Exsiner65

if there has to be a reinstall this is what i found so not tolose any thing

Exsiner65

Before doing any update, you should make sure you have a current backup of data files. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about AND you should expect to lose said data at some point.

With any windows update and or feature update, you have the option to roll back to the previous version ie 2004. If you cannot fix the problem, just roll back.
I did that did not

and have no restore points
ot help

crjdriver

Unless you actually delete the windows.old folder, you can roll back to the previous build.

I am not a fan of inplace upgrades. If this were me, I would first make sure I have a backup of data/work files. Then clean install the latest version of windows from a bootable usb. Up to you if you want to keep messing with trying to fix the current install. However I can tell you that with a fast system, a windows install is about 10min. After that, you install drivers and whatever programs you use. Copy your data files back and you are done.

Exsiner65

but the I have to start from scratch lose every thing thank you if every thing else is working I do not think that task scheduler and event viewer not working is worth all that to lose whatever i have thank you for your help

Exsiner65

i copied the entire windows with acronis
bt that will put back in any thing that was bad corect
again thank you everything is working I guess ill wait to see if windows has a fix for it. Like i said this was set up from windows 7 so there are probably conflicts

Exsiner65

task scheduler has Cslid error but it is no onger i the registry to export or delete so how do i fix task scheduler. some tech i think from eithe Geek squad remote or a windows tech removed it
I do not want to do a reinstall unless absolutely necessary

Attachments

Exsiner65

also can not install support assist or their remote access and quick assist just spinns and spins does not open. I am using Norton on line as my antivirus could that be causing issues or is thee all sorts of things wrong

Exsiner65

on Nov17th I had installed the 20H2 update did not like it so i went to the update pge and hit recovery and went back to the perevious version and i also uninstalled manually the update that is when things started going south like task scheduler event view no longer working support asist quicjk assist. This computer was set up at Geek Squad from my windows 7 data . all programs were there i did however have to reinstall all aps and the desktop icons were also as they were in windows 7. I fi do a reinstall i will lose all this and have to start from scratch. I do not want to lose any thing i have like over8000 photos on my computer in my pictures that would be hell to lose all those. did i mess up my computer doing what I did by going back to older version and uninstalling the updtae manually
? please respond

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online