1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

20 to 24 pin power supply adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mystmaiden, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystmaiden

mystmaiden Thread Starter

I have a 20 pin motherboard but the power supply I have available has a 24 pin connector. I've read that you can simply plug them together by offsetting the 24 pin one but so far I don't see that working at all (and 'never the twain shall meet', so to speak). I've found adapters but they all say something akin to

'allows you to connect your existing 20 pin power supply to your new 24-pin compatible motherboard'

You can use it the other way around, correct?

thanks

mystmaiden

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. mystmaiden

mystmaiden Thread Starter

Thanks much for the reply. I hadn't thought to check and see if the 4 pins snapped off the one I have. I'll check before ordering an adapter.

mystmaiden

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/984821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice