1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2000 wont let me create dial-up connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PUG, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

Hey, I have just installed win 2k and after going into the, Network and Dial-up Connections, Make new connection, I have put all of my numbers in etc, then at the end clicked finnish but as soon as I do that a message comes up saying

Cannot create a dial up connection, Go to Network and Dial-up Connections in My Computer(not exact words)

I have set up as per normal on another 2k machine but wonder why this is happening on mine.

Thanx

2. Kevindv10

Kevindv10

Have you checked Device Manager to make sure your modem drivers are okay?

3. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

Well funnily enough I didnt have a seamless install with the Driver. Can that actually stop you from creating a dial-up connection before even trying to connect though?

Thanks

4. Kevindv10

Kevindv10

I can't say for certain, but I think the system would make an effort during dial-up setup to communicate with the modem, and if it can't do so that might cause your error. Again, I'm not positive about this. Just throwing out ideas.

5. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

Thanks for that, unfortunately im not located with comp right now so will get back to you later in the day...night.

:cool:

6. PUG

PUG Thread Starter

Sorry......... so will get back to you later in the day(s)...night(s).

Driver correctly installed and am writing from the new connection ta very much. You were right.

7. Kevindv10

Kevindv10

Excellent! It sounds corny, but it honestly makes me feel good when I can help!

Cheers.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!