2000 won't load cd and cd-rw drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nmm

2000 recognizes that i have cd and cd-rw drives in device manager, but they both have problems with them. for both it says that windows cannot load the required drivers because there is a problem with an associated device. however, device manager doesn't show any other problems.

i also have win98 on my computer, and both drives work there. but not in 2000--there is power to both drives, but i can't run any cd's.

i've tried removing and reinstalling the drives numerous times in both operating systems--doesn't work. i've contacted the drive manufacturer, they think it's a windows problem...i don't know what to do anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online