1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2007 default template won't hold on new docs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KHemler, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHemler

KHemler Thread Starter

I just got the new 2007 version of word and am trying to figure out how to change the default settings on my word docs. I have searched everywhere on the internet including the microsoft website. I have found several people who have the same problem but not one answer on how to fix it (that has worked). I have tried all suggestions, including changing the default on each individual heading, ie font, paragraph, etc. (and saving the doc), changing the style default (and saving the doc), going into Manage Styles and clicking on the restrict button (P.S. It won't allow me to), and changing the Word template for all word docs (and saving the doc template). Even though, the template shows the changes I want when I go into it, each new document still reverts to the calibri 11pt font with multiple spacing and lines. I have done everything that people are saying to do and not one of the suggestions are working. Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

If you do, I'll kiss you!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice