1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2007 dodge caliber problems

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Stevenmcclaren, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevenmcclaren

Stevenmcclaren Thread Starter

I have a 2007 dodge caliber with 2.0 and am having I'm not sure if it is fuel related ignition related or computer related so here goes.it is running really bad will shutter and buck when you give it gas and idles really rough If you start it and start unplugging coils one at a time coils 2&3 will hot have any effect on the way it runs. If you unplug 1 or 4 the engine will start to die. If you turn the key off and restart it then it is just the opposite 2& 3 will make it die but1&4 have no effect on how it runs.I have had a new computer installed and the new electronic throttle thingy put on put in new plugs. Took it to garage they said catalytic converter plugged changed them no help. Any suggestions

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello Steven! Is the car throwing any codes? Can you get it read at Auto Zone or whatever is near you?
    What about the ignition coil? I did some research and that came up a few places.

Sorry... I am not that familiar with Dodge vehicles. If you don't find helpful answers here, you might try some of the Dodge repair discussion boards. People with specific knowledge on those models may be able to help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice