1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2007 MS OUtlook and IE 7 eating up my memory!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cuttlefish, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    I know that the beta version of anything tends to be unstable with a few bugs but I am intrigued why when I open MS Outlook 2007 it takes up initially about 16 MB of my 1 Gig of RAM memory and then slowly but surely increases to often 160 MB of RAM! :eek: :eek:
    IE7 does the same so between the two of them I lose over 300 MB of memory! :mad: :mad:
    Also weirdly, when I shut down either of these applications and then go to Task Manager, they are still quite happily running! :confused: :confused:
    I have to "end process" to kill the brutes!(n) (n)
    I wonder why?
    I have Googled for this and found many many posts on it but they all refer to "memory leaks" and other voodoo stuff ....................:D :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/553867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice