2007 word-excel mail merge problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cljones

I have done mail merges for years, but for some reason, the word merge document can not find any excel data folders.

I have a fairly new Dell laptop running windows 7. My Excel program seems to run OK and Word seems to run OK as well.

After I browse for the data file and select it, I get "OLE DB Database Files". I hit "OK" and then I get another box that says

"Word was unable to open the data source".

What am I doing wrong?

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
The Word document you're using is that based on a previous word version?
There may be a problem with the docuemnt reference files or something like that since it uses a kind of ODBC link to read the data and probably cannot find the expected reference and throws the error.
I don't know the solution to this but it's meant as a tip to try and point you in the right direction.
Office versiosn are nat all the dwonward compatible as they like us to think

cljones

Hans,

Thanks for the reply. The word version and excel version were both loaded at the same time off the Office disk.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
You missunderstood me, I mean the documents you use.
Are these documents that were created with a previous version of Word and / or Excel?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online