1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2010 NHL playoffs

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by valis, Apr 29, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

well, can't seem to find the thread I know must exist about the 2010 nhl playoffs, so I'll start the dang thing.

Colorado got bounced. That stinks. Worst part is they got bounced by a team that can walk outside in january in shorts, which should be an automatic disclaimer for a city to field a hockey team. Even worse, ol' Blakey turned turncoat and helped bounce them.

Most confusing? I find myself rooting for the Red Wings. Sorry, wacor, but they are the team one is supposed to hate. :) But they are playing the sharks, so I'm temporarily bleeding Red.

Go Bruins. Man, I'd love to see them take it.

But who I'm really, really pulling for? Les Habs.

Jeeze pete, imagine Montreal if they pulled that off. THAT celebration would dwarf the '67 expo.

Thank goodness for hockey.

And random thought of the night (first game of the Wings/Sharks series), if anyone can find it, the third goal that the Wings scored about 3 minutes into the third is easily the prettiest goal of the year so far. That goal shows the fundamentals of hockey, the drop pass, the assist from the crease, and the perfect scoring chance capitalized upon.

werd, homey.

v

2. wacor

wacor Banned

I liked the way the Wings came back to make a game of it. Will be interesting to see how Sundays game goes.

There was a long discussion on the radio yesterday about the playoffs and how messed up they are. Makes sense when you think about it. No other sport does a super star get shut down like one can in hockey playoffs. No other sport can a team totally outplay the other and end up losing like with the Capitals.

The NHL needs to find a way to force the refs to quit swallowing their whistles. The clutch and grab crap has got to end. Plus how the heck can they not call some of the boarding penalties when in the regular season they do. The NHL will always be second rate as long as they let this go on. Sure the hockey can be good but it is horrible for the game to have the Capitals bounced out in the first round. You need the stars to shine.

Perhaps they need to have penalties for something akin to a zone defense which is used to clog up the middle. I don't know but something has to be done.

Probably not what you expected from me Tim but after listening to the guys on the radio yesterday and thinking about it I had to agree with them. No other sport does the playoffs deviate so much from the regular season. And no other sport can see so many stars neutralized.

3. valis

i dunno.....i've always sorta liked the fact that the calls drop when it hits the second season......if that didn't happen people like kurri and messier wouldn't have had the careers that they had.....so I dunno.....

Regardless, it's playoff hockey, and that's when the stars shine. I don't think the stars get neutralized that much; forsberg never had an issue (shy of staying healthy) in the playoffs, nor gretz, nor a dozen others. Cros is doing great, ovechkin may just have had an off series. Only human, after all, and some rather large expectations on him.

Think KU during the ncaa tourney. ;)

4. valis

and btw, I still think the Cup runneth to pittsburgh this year.........but dammit if i ain't pulling for le habs.........

5. wacor

wacor Banned

oh, oh

Staal out for the playoffs

That is gonna hurt a lot

6. valis

yeah, but the pens won it last year.....probably still gonna win it this year, but I'm pulling for the habs.....:)

7. wacor

wacor Banned

Staal was a big part of the Pens last year

And is there anybody with a more lethal wrist shot than Datsyuk??

8. valis

he's got a heavy one, that's for sure......you sweatin' san jose yet? You boys tank it to them and I'm going to be miffed....:)

9. wacor

wacor Banned

I admit a bias but I thought the refs were putrid last night

Some of the calls were ridiculous

10. valis

is it just me, or are the goalie interference calls completely over the top this year?

11. wacor

wacor Banned

I have seen a couple where the offensive player was shoved into the goalie by the defense and they called a penalty. Very uneven play calling.

12. valis

agreed. that's why they need to shut the heck up and let them play. :)

13. valis

tell you what, pittsburgh wanted game 4 more, and definitely played there hearts out, but montreal flat out beat them at their game, albeit in the montreal arena..........:)

14. valis

and kudos to detroit........way to bust out. (y)

15. wacor

wacor Banned

I would not want to be SJ and have to come back to Detroit for game 6

I can see their gonads starting to shrivel already :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920150

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice