Solved 2015 Lenovo Flex 3 Screen flickering and going black

fjowejfowjoefijw

So i've been having this issue with the screen on my laptop. Towards the bottom inch of the screen there are these flickering lines that won't go away. I did not cause any damage myself. I just continued using it like that. But a few days ago the problem got worse. I open up my laptop and there are lines all over the screen. Once i log in and to everything the glitchy mess was getting kinda darker and darker until the screen just cut off. I think its either driver issues, the graphics card or the LCD. This is a great computer but the damn screen.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

My first inclination is to call it a bad LCD. Does an external monitor work properly? If you squeeze gently, but firmly around the periphery of the screen, does it change anything? Does it do the same thing if you go into BIOS or boot with something on a flashdrive (the Windows Media tool or a Linux distro, for example)?

fjowejfowjoefijw

I tried squeezing it all around but it did nothing. Same thing if i go i into the windows tools and flash drive. If i take a screen shot on there are not lines captured. No idea what is going on

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So, if you boot from a flashdrive you still see the lines? And if you are in the BIOS you still see the lines? That would point to the LCD itself being defective. There are no Windows drivers in use at that point. There is a slim possibility that it may be a cable, but more likely the screen itself.

It would be up to you to decide whether you can live with it as is, or if it is worth trying to repair. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you should be able to handle the job yourself. There are likely YouTube videos that demonstrate the disassembly of your model laptop.

fjowejfowjoefijw

Alright. Before i did not even know what was was broken. I consider my self a pretty good fixer so i think i got this. Thanks for the help man.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You are most welcome! Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts