1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2015 Southwest Dot Com Not Loading

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by james13619, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. james13619

james13619 Thread Starter

I have a new PC (W7 Pro) with IE9; everything, every web site seems just fine execpt Southwest.com.
    When I go to that URL I get a partial load of the page, partial load of graphics which never corrects itself. In Chrome it works just fine.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome

IE9 is outdated, you should have IE11 by now. I don't use IE anymore these days but I did test the website with IE11 and it loaded fine.

Chrome and Firefox loaded fine as well. (I see you also tried Chrome with success)

Have you tried upgrading your version of IE?

3. james13619

I've tried both IE9 and IE11 with the same results; I"m in an office with many computers and most of them but not all are exhibiting this behavior. I also noticed they are not loading CNN correctly either.
    Yet everything including SW and CNN work just fine in Chrome

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There may be a internet filter preventing access to the website put in place by the office IT.

5. james13619

but it works in chrome and on SOME IE users; wouldn't a corp filter block all?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Filters can be applied for certain groups/people. They can also be applied on the system itself and therefore can be applied to a single browser.

Is this a small office or a big corporate style office?

7. james13619

big corp office; I've posted screenshot to this but I don't know how to link them; user is big shot he should not be blocked from anything; for him it was working OK until upgrade to IE11

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may want to take this up with internal IT, generally they frown upon having outsiders mess with their systems and configuration.

9. james13619

10. james13619

I am local IT

11. james13619

did you see the screenshots? next to me is laptop that is working just fine with IE9

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, but I'm wary to assist since I can't confirm your role since you were initially unsure about how corporate IT does filtering. I don't want to be responsible for messing up a business' system. Generally we are cautious with business computers. We'll see what Cheeseball81 says.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!