1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

20gig seagate hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by revjay, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. revjay

revjay Thread Starter

What pin positon do I use for making my 220 gig seagate hard drive my slave drive? It says chech the manufacture for settings, but i Wasn't sure where to look.

Thanks!

2. bopdude

bopdude

HI revjay,
    You usualy use the middle set of jumpers, are there no marks on the plate of your hd ?

see how you go, any problems, post back

good luck

3. GeekGawd

GeekGawd

you will find the pin specification on teh upper face or the lower face of the harddrive, it is always there.

There are 3 places where you can plugin soemthing to the hard drive. teh power, the IDE cable. and the pins which configure teh mode it will work in.
    CAble Select, simplest. no nonsense.
    Master and Slave

for example this hdd, which is a Seagate U4 EIDE Hard-Disk. from the Dell support site, just an example/ refer to your documentation.

Attached Files:

4. revjay

revjay Thread Starter

Hello,

Thanks for the info on the pin settings for the slave drive. It read it and it came up as the Y drive. Then I connected it and made it my master and did kill disk on it to clean it.

I installed it as my slave drive and it registered in the bios but now I do not see it in the my computer screen as the Y drive as it did before with the C drive.

How can I make it be reconized? Thanks!

5. revjay

revjay Thread Starter

I figured it out so I am all set thanks for the help and input

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/132387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice