Solved 24 pin connector backward

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ahnaf

Hi, during my first ever pc build, i accidentally inserted the 24 pin atx power supply connector backward. I found it out and took it out after trying for a long time cause it kinda got stuck . So now I was wondering if either the motherboard or the cable got damaged in anyway and I it’s even safe to use. I checked all the pins and they were fine and I never turned the power on , so I don’t think anything fried or something

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you checked all the pins and their fine, plus never turned on power at any point, I'm sure you'll be good to go.

Ahnaf

If you checked all the pins and their fine, plus never turned on power at any point, I'm sure you'll be good to go.
Thnx for your reply, but I’m a bit confused now, cause I thought that I might have connected it backward at first was because it was very tightly fit, but now when I connected it back properly, it’s still tight. I have to take the motherboard out and use a flat surface screwdriver to open it. That’s why I’m confused. As far as I know,it’s shouldn’t be that tight.

In my experience, its a snug fit when plugging in properly, you could 'crack' the mobo with the force needed to it plug in backwards. Just sayin', , , ,

Ahnaf

A9B99E67-62BF-4F57-A1C4-BCC224D3AF71.jpeg
In my experience, its a snug fit when plugging in properly, you could 'crack' the mobo with the force needed to it plug in backwards. Just sayin', , , ,
It’s doesn’t take that much force to plug it in, but it’s nearly impossible to remove it. It’ll really help if u could check the picture and see if I did it right

managed

Allan
That looks like it's in properly.

You need to push the top of the plastic lock tab towards the connector to unlock it, then it should lift out although it can still take quite a bit of force.

A9B99E67-62BF-4F57-A1C4-BCC224D3AF71.jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online