1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved 24 pin connector backward

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ahnaf, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ahnaf

Ahnaf Thread Starter

Hi, during my first ever pc build, i accidentally inserted the 24 pin atx power supply connector backward. I found it out and took it out after trying for a long time cause it kinda got stuck . So now I was wondering if either the motherboard or the cable got damaged in anyway and I it’s even safe to use. I checked all the pins and they were fine and I never turned the power on , so I don’t think anything fried or something

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

If you checked all the pins and their fine, plus never turned on power at any point, I'm sure you'll be good to go.

Ahnaf likes this.
  3. Ahnaf

Ahnaf Thread Starter

Thnx for your reply, but I’m a bit confused now, cause I thought that I might have connected it backward at first was because it was very tightly fit, but now when I connected it back properly, it’s still tight. I have to take the motherboard out and use a flat surface screwdriver to open it. That’s why I’m confused. As far as I know,it’s shouldn’t be that tight.

4. cornemuse

cornemuse

In my experience, its a snug fit when plugging in properly, you could 'crack' the mobo with the force needed to it plug in backwards. Just sayin', , , ,

5. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

I agree w/cornemuse. Anytime I've been plugging in/removing these connectors, they're tight-fitting connections.

6. Ahnaf

Ahnaf Thread Starter

A9B99E67-62BF-4F57-A1C4-BCC224D3AF71.jpeg
    It’s doesn’t take that much force to plug it in, but it’s nearly impossible to remove it. It’ll really help if u could check the picture and see if I did it right

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    That looks like it's in properly.

You need to push the top of the plastic lock tab towards the connector to unlock it, then it should lift out although it can still take quite a bit of force.

A9B99E67-62BF-4F57-A1C4-BCC224D3AF71.jpg

Ahnaf likes this.
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice