1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

24" Samsung 1920 x 1200 resolution not available

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by francesday, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francesday

francesday Thread Starter

Just bought a Samsung SyncMaster 245B and am running it through a splitter on two machines: one is Windows 2003 server and one is XP. Both worked fine when I first plugged them into the monitor at 1920 x 1200 resolution (recommended). Then when I rebooted them, they both refuse to present that resolution as an option.

I am stuck with a screen that stretches everything out at 1600 x 1200 so everything looks wide and fat. Useless with PhotoShop.

One system uses RAGE XL ATI display and the other an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller and both say the monitor is "Default Monitor" in the Device manager.

Help please!!! :confused:

2. helpmerick

helpmerick

You will need to upgrade to a compatible video card that supports the 22" monitor's resolution. Also, the monitor should have a CD that you can load to tell the computer what monitor is connected so you don't have to use the "default monitor" setting. Video cards can be had for $75-350. Unless you are a hard core gamer, get the cheapest, compatible card that supports the resolution you need.

Good luck.

3. francesday

francesday Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I was coming to the conclusion I'd have to get new video cards. I do have a driver on the CD that came with the monitor, but it makes no difference whether I install that or not - in fact it crashed the 2003 server. But thanks very much for the advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/686656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice