248mb Ram ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

freespirit70

Hi
please excuse my ignorance but here's the question. If my PC came with 256mb ram why does it now say it has 248mb ram ?
I have a new game for xmas that wont load as i haven't the 256mb.
where did it go? can i get it back? Is it just because I'm running to much background stuff?
thanks
Freespirit70

Without any info on your system, I can only say that in 'General', some configurations 'share' system ram with onboard components. This sharing in effect takes the ram out of the pool.

Hi,

Without any system specifications this is just a W-A-G.

I suspect you have Integrated Video with 8MB of normal RAM assigned to the integrated graphics.

A game requiring 256MB of RAM may not run as part of the 356 MB RAM you have is being used for graphics.

Solution is simple

Add more memory

http://www.crucial.com

hth

Ceri

dustyjay

Jay
I would stay away from any ram available on Ebay unless you are getting a good return policy from a known retailer. Ram is not that expensive normally. Unless you are buying like PC100 or PC133 ram. You can get DDR Ram very cheap from Newegg or Computergate. And they have a better warranty than you will likely get on Ebay.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online