1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

250g hd only shows 128g

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nine2lou, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nine2lou

nine2lou Thread Starter

running win2k sp4 with an asus x series k8v-mx mother board. I have an 80g ide hd with windows installed and working fine. My second is a maxtor 250 ide that only shows up as having 128g on it. cmos shows it correctly. The system was only built last winter.
    Can anyone advise on how to access the whole drive? Thanks, Lou

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. nine2lou

nine2lou Thread Starter

thanks, I'll give that a try, Lou

4. nine2lou

nine2lou Thread Starter

I went to the registry as the microsoft artricle instructs and added the key value. But as I try to change the value data, it wont let me put in the x. It only accepts numbers. Can you advise, thanks, Lou

5. nine2lou

nine2lou Thread Starter

Well it worked even with the omition of the x. I am now formating the 250g drive. Thanks for the advise. Lou

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice