1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved 250Gb SSD showing as full when using only 70Gb..?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by paulb100, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

Hi

I have a 250Gb Samsung EVO 850 that reports it just has a couple of gigabytes spare when i am using only 70.3Gb as per WinDirStat - i only realised when i turned on the comp and google drive said its runs out of space

I have everything off, 1Gb Page-file (8Gb RAM) - hibs OFF, screenshot of WDS below

Ive ran chkdsk /f but no change
    can anyone help please?

edit: I have noticed that recycle bin shows that i still have 209Gb available..??
    SMART shows all fine, good health with 2.9Tb Usage

thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Actually if you add all the percentages used as listed by each folder in WDS, it pretty much says that the drive is full.

3. CleaverX

CleaverX

Another thing I have noticed is that WDS is reporting C: to be only 70Gb. Is your SSD partitioned? Check the Disk Management console.

4. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

what your looking at (70Gb) is the total of the drive used which is aroubd correct, ive deleted about 8Gbs worth of stufff too make up room,

look now, it still may add up to 100% but it reports I am using 60Gb from 200Gb (its a 250Gb SSD with 10% OP so is around 209Gb)

I did recently upgrade to windows 10 then reflashed (Acronis True Image) back to Win7Pro, there were some small issues but all my free space was there...?

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What is telling you the SSD is low on space ? Google drive is cloud storage so if that's what you're seeing it doesn't apply to the SSD.

6. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

i never said that google drive was the sole reason? i said i only noticed when it said its ran out of room - my computer shows me the drive is full

also cloud storage programs sync with your device so whatevers on your cloud is also on your PC anyway

[​IMG]

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I never said it was the sole reason either. I asked you about it because it was mentioned in the first post.

What were the 'complications' when you restored the image onto the SSD ? I'm wondering if the partition table on the SSD could have been messed up somehow. You could run TestDisk and see what it says about the partitions if that's a possibility.

8. CleaverX

CleaverX

Could you use Spacemonger to analyze your drive? Then post a screenshot of the results?

9. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

i just secure erased and reinstall - all's good, quicker

thanks anyway

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice