1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2D corruption under windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Elghinnfaer, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elghinnfaer

Elghinnfaer Thread Starter

Hello, this will be my first post here. hope I do not screw up and I sure hope I can provide enough info for you folks to give me your opinions as to what action I can take in regards to a problem both myself and wife have on our computers.

The problem is this, on odd unpredictable occasions we both experience a odd graphic corruption on windows 2D application, I say 2D as the only time this problem occurs is when we view pictures with windows picture and fax viewer, also we get this same corruption when watching both streaming and downloaded video's.

Our systems play games like Fallout 3, Crysis, Borderlands flawlessly and we have no issues at all no matter how long we play, however when we do things as simple as view pictures, rename files or watch movies on unpredictable occasions we get odd lines that appear on the desktop application, and any band boxes we make on the desktop get even more corrupted.

The following is our system statistics, and below that is a link to the MSI forums to which I have tried to find a solution to this problem with no luck. I really would like some basic opinions as to what else I could try or if I should just give up and attempt one last final repair the the motherboard with a rather large hammer...

CPU brand, model and speed
    Intel, Q6600, 2.4 Ghz
    ---------------------------
    Motherboard model
    P7n Diamond, MS 7510, ver 1.0, (I could not find a ERP number, I went to the posting guide and the link how to identify your MB, but there was no stickers or printed numbers on bottom of last PCI slot)
    Memory brand, type/speed, size, number of sticks
    Mushkin, DDR2 SDRAM, 800
    Video card brand, chipset type, memory size
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4670, not sure on chipset, 1 Gig memory
    Hard drive(s) brand, size, type, speed
    Hitachi HDT725050VLA SCSI Disk Device, 500 Gig, not sure how to tell speed (I have 2 of these not in raid format)
    ST315003 41AS SCSI Disk Device, 1,000 Gig, again very sorry but do not know how to tell speed
    Any other peripheral cards and devices
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme HD Audio Controller (in PCI Express x1 slot), G15 Game Keyboard, 5 button microsoft intelli mouse optical
    Operating system and version
    Windows xp Home 32 bit and Windows XP 64 Pro (I dual boot)
    Power Supply Unit
    Rosewill - Performance - RP 600v2 -s -sl

This was a link to a thread I started a while back in the MSO forums, please forgive me but towards the end I do believe it is fair to say I had lost my patience when I was told to (try windows 7)

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=132164.0

I wish I could post a picture of the corruption for you, but if you like in further posts here I could post links to youtube video's others have posted with a similar issue.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Adding this link to youtube video to display problem, video is 1:20 seconds long and problem does not occur till 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHuzJSpORw

Keep in mind that not only does this problem appear for me with watching videos but also things as simple as viewing .jpg files with windows Fax/Picture viewer.
    I have even had the problem attack as if from out of no where when renaming files.

Another update not listed on previous pages, new info I have learned. I recently set up my computer so I can suspend it instead of outright turning it off, I recently had this graphic corruption appear and I placed computer in standby mode (power supply shuts but all active programs are still there when I press button) but here is the odd bit, when I get back in the corruption is gone. Not a very practical fix.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice