1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2k advanced server question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by play1998, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. play1998

play1998 Thread Starter

hey guys whats up well i finally got my test server up and running on my computer now here is where i am. At this point i am trying to configure terminal services on it. It is all working fine and dandy the problem that i am having is that only administrators can log on to the terminal service session. why is that, i do not want it like that i want regular users to be able to log on to the server and i want to be able to confiugre their accounts depending on the access right that i want to give them.

Well really my question is can it really be done, or only admins can access terminal services ???

thank you

Ed

2. downtime

downtime

If you don't have a license for terminal server, you probably can't use it the way you want. Without a licence, you can use it for remote administration, I think it's two concurrent connections, from any number of machines. It seems to me that remote administration would require admin priveleges, so, it's probably a license issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice