1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd Game Lock Ups

Discussion in 'Games' started by Adblax, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adblax

Adblax Thread Starter

Hey, really not sure where to put this but this has been bugging me for a while now and I should really see if I can get some help to fix it. Quite awkward to explain the problem but ill give it a try;

If I start up my computer, I can then load up any game that I have with no worries and play for as long as I want, however when I then close the game, and try to open up another game (could be the same game again) then my computer will attempt to start it, and lockup on a black screen with the loading cursor not spinning requiring a system restart.

At first I thought it was to do with steam as it appeared to be only steam games which did it, but it does seem to do this with non-steam games too (However for some reason it does not with starcraft 2). So this has really been getting annoying having to restart if I want to change game.

Any help on this problem, or things that you could need me to post up?

Oh and I have done various memory, CPU and GPU hardware tests and nothing seems to be wrong, and this is with the latest drivers and a clean windows install so I really dont understand what could be causing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice