1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd Gen iPod worth buying?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrbrownstone, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone Thread Starter

I have to opportunity to buy an old 2nd gen 20gb iPod quite cheap and I want to know if they are still worth buying; I have a number of questions which I hope can be answered here:
    1. Are they likely to break (besides battery wear and tear)?
    2. How good they are compared to the new models?
    3. I have a PC with no firewire port so is that going to be a problem?
    4. Do they charge using the pc connection like the new models or through a separate adapter?

Thanks

2. sy2

sy2

I'm not sure which one is the 2nd gen one, but I have an ipod photo I bought about 8-9 months ago that still works fine. Mine connects via USB, so if you have a USB port that should be enough. It does charge when it's plugged in.

Again, not sure if mine is 2nd gen. or not - may be able to offer more info. if you give some more specifics about the iPod in question.

3. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone Thread Starter

Thanks but the photos are a lot later. The 2nd gens are from 2002-early 2003 according to this page.

4. sy2

sy2

Ah, well then, I couldn't really help ya as I don't think I've even seen one of those iPods before. I would recommend, however, checking E-Bay out for some cheaper and newer versions unless money is a real issue here.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/443088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice