2nd hard drive, keeping files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skitso1976

i hope you can help.....i`ve just begun using a new computer,running windows xp, i intend to install a 2nd hard drive,from my old computer which was running windows 95.Can i still install even though the 2nd drive is so old....and if so, is it possible to keep all my files from the old drive and transfer them to the new.(all my programs are still on the old computer,i just can`t be bothered reinstalling all the programs and files.....please tell me it`s possible?:D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It is not possible.

You can bring over your old data files, but you have to install all the applications on XP, you can't "copy" them over from W95. You can install the old drive as a secondary drive however, and use it as a backup drive after you get XP all running as you like it. :)

skitso1976

well thanx for your help....i really appreciate it....looks like i`ve got a long night ahead of me,thanx again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts