1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd hard drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jbet, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbet

jbet Thread Starter

ok anyone that can help please do i would greatly appreciate it. it's been quite awhile since i have done anything with a computer other than check email and check sports scores so when i got ready to give a little life to an old computer for the kid i ran into problems. i have an old compaq presario that came with a 10 gig hard drive, i pulled out the 1.44 super disk and installed another 10 gig drive just so they would have a bigger drive....however, the second drive will not work. it shows up in system properties but, says that it is not working properly, not installed, or all drivers are not present. it shows as the secondary IDE dual fifo though..so what can i do to get it to work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice