2nd hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jerome Price

Got an older Compaq computer I've been fooling around with, I've read about comps with a second hard drive in them, but I'm not real clear on just what this does. I've got an extra hard drive kickin' around, what will this do for the comp. if I stick it in there? Will not having a CD with the install drivers be a problem? :confused:

You won't need any drivers.

Most people use the second for storage when they start to run out of space on the first. Or the page file can be placed there for faster access.

But the best use of a second drive is as a place to back up files/folders, or even the entire partition with something like Acronis True Image so that if the main drive fails, you have all your important data on another drive where it is safe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!