1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd Harddrive found but not partitioned

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MrZeph, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrZeph

MrZeph Thread Starter

i reinstalled windows last night, backed up everything to my 2nd harddrive which was partitioned into 3 parts 320gb total, my first hard drive is correctly into 2 partitons os and the other but now i only see the first partition 120gb when i open my computer icon but it says its not formatted, any software to tell my computer whats going on? also the drive letters where c: e: and then d for the 2nd hard drive so i switched the letters in disk management, no go. thanks -z

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

What is the file system partition 2 was formatted with?

3. MrZeph

MrZeph Thread Starter

its ntfs

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

With out any system specs it is a bit difficult but do you have service pack 2 installed? If not then install it then you more than likely will see the missing partitions actually what did you use to partition the 2cd drive with?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice