1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd HDD suddenly Showing Up As Unformatted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edparrott, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edparrott

edparrott Thread Starter

Hi folks. Just wondering if someone here has come across this kind of problem before. I run 2 HDD, both are Maxtor 60gb, the Master holds Win 2000, Win XP Pro, and Redhat 7.3. The 2nd HDD holds 3 partitions, I use these for storage of various data - Multimedia, Webdev, MP3, ect. Here's the prob - On reboot earlier today, the 2nd HDD suddenly showed up as unformatted. I've booted into a couple different DOS based diag apps, and get the same result, that the partitions are unformatted, including Partition Magic. The 3 partitions are intact, just unformatted. Which, of course, renders the data useless, as I can't get to it. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. - Thank You. -Ed Parrott

2. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

hey edparrott
    [tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Can you see them when you use the W2K OS?

3. Rick1953

Rick1953

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/88876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice