2nd Monitor not being detected

SamJacks

Hey everyone!

I recently took my PC into a local repair show, due to constant blue screen issues.. Upon return, I CANNOT get the 2nd monitor to be recognized. Called up said shop and was given a "well, bring it back in, but we will have to charge you". I have check drivers, cables, multiple things, and just can't get it figured out. I do know before I had NVIDIA graphics card (I do graphic design and wide format printing with said PC) and now that isn't showing up anywhere either. Any help is SO appreciated!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200521164132.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 11, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (146 GB Free); D: 931 GB (904 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 843B, ver 00, s/n PGSXP0IK9CDAYU
System: AMI, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 8CG92415G5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hello SamJacks,

You mention having looked everywhere for an Nvidea GPU, does this include in the Device Manager.

Your CPU supports up to three monitors while your motherboard supports two, one VGA and one HDMI port type, do you see any other video ports at the back of the computer that would suggest the presence of an add on video card inside of the computer.

In addition to the above, if by chance there is an add on video card inside the computer but it is not working for some reason, it is important to make sure that your two screens are being attached to the two video ports on the motherboard and likewise if the add on GPU was working the two screens must be connected to the add on GPU and not one to the MB and one to the add on GPU.

No add on card identified in your list of specs and generic video drivers being used so lets check for any add on video card etc another way.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Oddba11

Jim
Based on the info you posted, the card is not recognized or the drivers are not installed.

> Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Power it off, unplug the AC power, open the case, and remove and reinstall the video card (assuming it is still present). It was likely dislodged while moving the computer about or bouncing around in the car or being in a repair where your computer isn't their highest priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online