1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd monitor pure blue screen, but connected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryan138313, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryan138313

Ryan138313 Thread Starter

I got a new monitor and moved my main monitor as my second display (as my old second display went out).

When I powered the PC on the 2nd display is pure blue screen (not BSOD). It is not a tint but as if the background is pure blue. If I try to move stuff over to it I can't see it, as it is going behind it.

I have updated video card drives, removed and rediscovered in device manager, checked nvidea settings, tried VGA instead of DVI, swapped ports on the video card (stays with monitor).

Background is not blue, I can drag my mouse over and its like it goes behind the blue screen.

My video card supports multiple displays, I was using two before I got this new one and just swapped one out.

Extend these displays is what I have chosen in screen resolution.

In screen resolution I have both monitors showing as 1 and 2 , and dropping down display it shows both monitors as to what model they are BENQ V2400W and BENQ XL2420T.

Attached picture of what its doing, anyone experienced this before?

[​IMG]

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you swap the new monitor with the other monitor, so using the port and cable that work with the other working monitor, or try using just the new monitor, does it work or does it still give you the solid blue screen? The new monitor may simply be faulty right out of the box.

3. Ryan138313

New monitor isnt the one with problem my old main monitor that stopped even though it worked fine prior. If i swap ports or cables it stays blue like in the pic.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So the problem follows the monitor? Have you tried unplugging all the cables from the monitor, then pressing an holding the power button for 30 seconds then only plugging in the power to it? Does the blue screen appear or does the screen start off black?

5. Ryan138313

I will try your ideas when I get back home. I was also going to try another monitor in its place along with clean uninstall / reinstall of video drivers. I updated them but didn't uninstall/reinstall. I will post back my results when I have them.

Thanks.

6. Ryan138313

Unplugging everything, holding power button, and then just plugging the power cord back in and turning monitor the screen is blue. That says not video card or driver related really since its just power cord plugged in...

Strange, since all I did was move the monitor over on my desk to make room for my new one.

7. Krash

Krash

Does the old monitor work fine as the primary monitor?

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Maybe something cracked inside it. Unless you want to fiddle around with it, looks like you may need another new monitor.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice