1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2nd post...website not displaying correctly on my pc...please help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nefertari, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

Can anyone help please!!!!

I have been trying to listen to my local radio station online ( www.4kq.com.au)..I can get the website and hear what is playing but in the "now playing" section which gives the title of the song that is playing at that time, I have nothing showing. This is not a fault with their website as friends of mine have no trouble viewing song titles etc. from their own computers. I am running Windows XP

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

Hello etaf....Thanks for your reply! I have downloaded the latest version of java but still have the same problem! Do you have any further suggestions?

4. omer84

omer84

if you are using IE.6 upgrade to seven,
    or try using firefox,

Try to upgrade things around like your flash player, real player, JVM etc

5. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

I have since found out that this problem may be caused by a firewall. I only have Windows XP firewall installed so what should I do to resolve the problem?

6. akolagtech

akolagtech

check your internet explorer security setting make sure all your active control is enable. if it doesnt work try to install firefox and see if it works there

7. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

The active x controls are all enabled with the exception of those on which the " prompt" action was recommended to be highlighted. I have tried Firefox but still have the same problem.

Also a friend has suggested that it might be something to do with the Windows XP Firewall ....could this be the case?

8. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Another thing to check is the IFRAME settings in Internet Explorer (I had a peek at the HTML code...)

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Settings > Security tab > Custom Level... Scroll down to "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME" and make sure it is at least set to "Prompt".

Let us know how this goes.

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you can turn the windows firewall OFF and see if it makes amy difference
    start
    control panel
    secruity centre

10. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

I have checked and the IFRAME setting is already set at "prompt".... also I've tried turning the firewall off...it makes no difference.

One thing I neglected to mention is that I have not always had this problem. It would only happen intermittently over a period of time, but now it has gone altogether!

11. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

Hi...I am still having trouble when I try to listen to my local radio station online ( www.4kq.com.au).......The 'now playing' section showing the title of the song that is currently playing does not show anything on my pc. I've tried all of the suggestions in my previous post but I still have the same problem!

I am running Windows XP.

Can someone help??:confused:

12. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

This is a perfect example of why it's always best to stay with the original thread.. We don't know what was originally suggested or what you tried to fix the problem.. The site works for me if you mean the scrolling line showing what is playing.. My suggestion would be to remove your current versions of java and flash and install the latest ones.

13. net_newsy

net_newsy

14. Nefertari

Nefertari Thread Starter

" The site works for me if you mean the scrolling line showing what is playing.. My suggestion would be to remove your current versions of java and flash and install the latest ones"

Yes...that is the problem I am having....the scrolling line will not work on my computer and I don't know why. It has worked in the past but quite irregularly and now I cannot get it to show the song title at all. I have the latest versions of java and flash. After suggestions in my first post I tried disconnecting the firewall (to see if that was the cause) but still had the same problem. I've also tried Firefox but still have the same problem there. I was also advised to get the latest version of Internet Explorer but I have already got that on my computer.

I have also visited the browser verification site as advised by net_newsy and everything checks out ok. Any further suggestions??

15. DataBase

DataBase

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/673012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice