2nd screen saying no signal after bios uppdate

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noelbodin

i just uppdated my bios and after that only the hdmi port from the gpu is working.
if you plug in screen to the other one it says no signal. i have never had anny issues before.
and it is not the screeen or the cable thats the issue allready tested that. the reason i uppdated bios was because im considering to overclock and i didnt change any settings in bios. only uppdated it. im allready getting annoyed of only having one screen

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Is the other monitor plugged into the same video card or into the motherboard's ports?

It would really help if you posted the exact motherboard model, video card model, and Windows version.

Does Device Manager still see the video card correctly?

What does overclocking have to do with updating the BIOS?

An awful lot of BIOS updates revert the settings to their defaults and you probably need to change the setting for whether the onboard video works with a GPU plugged in.
Yes, what is the make and model of the system board?

noelbodin

i have the 2nd screen plugged in to the motherboad and 1st in to graphics card mother board is an A97 A graphics card gtx 970. its easyer to overcklock in reasent bios atleast for me. ended up just using asus ai suite.
windows 10 64 bit it dosnt detect the screen in screen options. hope that helps

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
That's why it's not working. Most systems disable the motherboard/CPU graphics when a dedicated card is used. That setup is also not ideal and doesn't properly/fully utilize your expensive dedicated graphics card for that one monitor either. You really should plug in both monitors into the dedicated Geforce graphics card.

My BIOS has an option to disable the onboard video when another graphics card is plugged in; but, it gives me the option to leave it enabled which is what you need to change; but, A97 doesn't get it. If you can't figure out how the get into the BIOS and change that setting, I need the exact make and full model number of the system board (most seem to call it the motherboard, even though it's not one)? (i.e. mine is an MSI Z97 PC Mate)

noelbodin

well there are only 1 hdmi outport so i have to use thosee old ones forgott the name.
i know hot to get in to bios and that thing with system bord i know.

noelbodin

ok just found out my gpu fans are not running the guys that assembeld my computer didnt do a great job. better not be lazy and do it myself next time

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online