1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2wire 2701 and new belkin N+ wireless router setup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jorge7691, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jorge7691

jorge7691 Thread Starter

I have an existing 2wire 2701 (ATT DSL) modem/router and like to disable router option (bridge) to fully run everything from Belkin N+ router. I currently have the belkin installed as on belkin instructions but believe the 2wire is still doing routing and I am having networking issues (delays, disconnects, etc). Can anyone help and suggest best way to configure these two devices?

thanks,

jorge.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As you said, bridging the 2WIRE is the best option.+

How to Bridge the 2WIRE 2701HG

After doing this, you'll have to enter the account name/password and PPPoE configuration for the WAN setup of the Belkin router.

3. jorge7691

jorge7691 Thread Starter

john, thanks for your quick response. These instruction look simple and will follow this weekend. I did not really understand very well step 4. Can you explain. thanks.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You don't have to do step 4, it'll work if you leave that alone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice