2X/4X AGP vs 4X/8X AGP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pblair

What does this mean? Can you use a 4X/8X in a 2x/4X slot. I have been told I could use any 2X/4X. I do not know. there are not many 2X/4X's out there. I am confused.

Thanks in advance

pugmug

Banned
pblair, agp 8x cards are backward compatable to 4x slots. You will be fine with a 4x/8x vid card.

he has to watch thier all some older 2x/4x tht wont suppot newer 4x/8x i thk the agp specs need to be rev 3.0 or 2.0.

pugmug

Banned
Seems like any mobo that will run a 4x card should have the correct voltage to the agp slot to run a 8x card. Granted the 8x will only run at 4x max in that given slot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online