1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

2x AGP slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jmm8704, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jmm8704

Jmm8704 Thread Starter

As you can see i just found the speed to be only 2x. I was planning on buying either a Radeon 9200 256mb , MSI GeForce4 MX440 (MS-8860) 128MB or a RADEON 9600SE 128mb . Which is the best deal for my small budget frame from the 3 above? Also if i happend to buy a Radeon 9800pro in the future will the 2x AGP slot be slowing the card down, therefore making it pointless to buy such an expensive card? Thanks to all in advance.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

You wouldn't get the full wallop of a top end card so I think you would be wasting your money. Change your motherboard first. I would think if you have only a 2x agp it might be time to just build a new machine. Post the rest of your specs and someone will let you know what time it is.

3. Jmm8704

Jmm8704 Thread Starter

1.3ghz AMD Duron processor
    512mb RAM
    Win XP
    Geforce 2 64mb
    2 20gb WD hard drives
    300 watt psu

Chipset Properties

Motherboard Chipset AMD-750 Irongate
    CAS Latency 3T
    RAS To CAS Delay 3T
    RAS Precharge 3T
    RAS Active Time 5T

Memory Slots
    DRAM Slot #1 256 MB (SDRAM)
    DRAM Slot #2 256 MB (SDRAM)
    I also have another slot for more RAM

AGP Properties
    AGP Version 1.00
    AGP Status Enabled
    AGP Aperture Size 64 MB
    Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x
    Current AGP Speed 1x
    Fast-Write Not Supported
    Side Band Addressing Supported, Disabled

Ok, i figured id have to get a new PC when getting the R9800, but thats in the future, thanks; right now im looking into either one of those three cards in the first post? Whats the best one?

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The straight 9200 in my opinion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice