2x graphic cards...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dunko9

hi, i would like know check if i put 2x new graphic cards like 2x Nvidia 6600GT in 2x PCI slots, it will working or not? just only one?

If yes, it will working, then can i put more graphic card or not?:rolleyes:

If i put 2 graphic cards in 1 AGP slot and 1 PCI slots, i dont think it will working but.....?

which one best way is graphic card in AGP or PCI slot?

im very grateful if anyone explain to me.

cheers.

The only way your going to get more then one graphics card to work is if you have a Motherboard that supports SLi and has 2 free PCIE slots. these are different then AGP and regular PCI. If you have a motherboard that supports SLI then you must also have two of the exact same card

example: 2x Nvidia 6600 ONLY ( Nvidia 6600 paired with anything but that exact same card will not work!!)

I hope i answered your question...:confused:

Good Evening All, I haven't done it myself but I believe it is not all that difficult to have an AGP and a PCI grahpics card setup working together.

I seem to recall there was some condition that they be different type cards to avoid driver conflicts but I can't recall the actual circumstances.
Of course an alternative is to use a dual head card but again I am not expert at doing this.

Anyone have experience doing this???
Cheers, qldit.

Im pretty sure thats impossible seeing as how in the bios you must tell your mother board if your graphics card is in either AGP or PCI. As far as i know you cannot choose both. By the way why would you want to, assuming that you can, use a PCI card and an AGP card. PCI cards are terrible, and top end cards arnt even made AGP anymore. If your set on using two graphics cards, what i posted above is the best way to go, SLi.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
AAMOF, I've had several systems with a PCI and AGP board installed, and they've never even been the same brand. That being the case, I'm absolutely sure that it is possible.

In truth, the best way to support two monitors is to simply get any reasonably modern middle of the road or better board with dual video outputs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online