1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 ½" floppy shortcut disappeared

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Genesius, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genesius

Genesius Thread Starter

I'm sure my problem can be fixed easily, but having just spent 48 hours stressed by Hurricane Frances, I'm not thinking straight.
    (Quick scenario...Compaq desktop/56/windowsXP/) I was transferring documents from 3 ½" floppy to CD-rom. I changed floppys to go to the next and the floppy wouldn't open...It began to search. I put in the former floppy and it did the same thing. I then tried to send a document from "My Documents" and the 3 ½" floppy option was gone from the 'scroll down'.
    I restored my system to yesterday's date and still no floppy shortcut...no access to 'floppy' at all. What have I done and what should I do to get it accessible again? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice