1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 1/2 floppy problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tazparam, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazparam

tazparam Thread Starter

:confused: I was having problems with my pc and in the middle of trying to figure out what the problem was i dissconnected the 3 1/2 floppy and when i hooked it back up it was not ready to be used or say the message said. I talked to a buddy and he said to see if the light was staying on all the time if the cable was in wrong and of course it was, i changed that and still not luck. but i did notice that when i boot up and checks for the cdroms it dosen't show the 3 1/2 and say's something along the lines of " cable 80 installed" and then it says " checksum error.... something cmos" i don't know what it means or how to fix it. Any suggestions on how i can solve this problem would be appericated very much thanks

2. Rockn

Rockn

Try and post the exact message that is displayed. Sounds like all you need to do is go into the BIOS, save settings and exit. It probably changed when you disconnected it the first time. If there was a disk in the drive when you had the cable on backwards it isn't going to be good any more.

3. tazparam

tazparam Thread Starter

Hey thanks for reply Rockn. First thing is i can't remember the exact message and i'm not at home to check it, I will check it tommorrow night and let you know what i find out. But in the mean time how do i go in to the BIOS to and check if the problem is there i'm alittle concerned about going in to BIOS i never went in it before.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice