3 beeps, no boot?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

virtualgeorg

I have an asrock K7S41GX with athlon xp 2400, fsb on board jumpered to 266, and installed pc2700/333 ram. I didn't connect anything else as I just wanted to see if the board fired up first. I get 3 beeps, pause, 3 beeps etc.

I tried some 2100/266 ram from another computer and made sure it was seated properly and it did the same thing.

Does it matter if I use 2700/333 or 2100/266 ram as long as the board supports it or does the cpu bus speed have to match?

Should I try adding a hard drive?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-George

virtualgeorg

How do I nail down the problem? I thought I did that by swapping the ram with another working computer? I took the new mem from this pc and put it in another pc and it works fine so I am fairly certain that the ram is good.

dai

probably not seating,some boards are very tight fitting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts