3 beeps when the computer powers on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mystic54

Ok just recently I had to mess aroudn with the computer because the power button wasn't working so, now I have to place a screwdriver on certain pins on the motherboard to start it. Well today when I wanted to start it up I hear three load beeps in a row, but the computer sounds like it is starting up while the monitor show's no signs of starting. What could this be?

One thing after another :( Check you RAM to make sure it didn't accidently get knocked loose.

mystic54

Well I have switched out all 3 rams, putting 1 in each time, but I still am getting the same error, well at further investigation it seems like it is 1 slightly longer than the other 2. Well I checked that chart again, that beep arrangement says something is wrong with the video card unit. Well I took the card out and put it back in and that doesn't seem like the problem. Do you guys have any other ideas?

Only that you need to try another video card. If it is faulty then taking it out and putting it back will not help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online