1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 dongle connection problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SamiCal, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

My 3 dongle still works fine on a laptop but will not connect on my desk top any more; says 'no network.' All drivers are up to date and I use chrome on windows 7 64 bit system. Can anyone advise how I change settings to connect to network please? Many thanks.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

By far the simplest fix is to use Windows System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.
    If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings. :(

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Or, if the 'no network' is because something in your environment has changed such that the "3 dongle" is blocked from the signal remove the blockage.

4. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

Hi, thank you for your responses :) Tried system restore when it first happened and it didn't resolve issue. I think it was after some windows updates that it happened. Firewall doesn't show that '3 Connect' is blocked, is there somewhere else I can look?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

6. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

Windows firewall and AVG security. Disabled AVG but it didn't make any difference and can't see on firewall that it's blocking 3...

7. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

8. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

Have already tried uninstalling AVG, made no difference :(

9. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

Could anyone advise which windows settings I can check and where to find them please??

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    And you also ran the AVG Remover, to which CoolBurn linked?

If so, I'd try reinstalling the driver and/or software for the "3 dongle."

11. SamiCal

SamiCal Thread Starter

Hi Terry Net, thank you for your support with this :) I ran remover from CoolBurn's link, (thank you for that too btw CoolBurn) and have just reinstalled dongle.

It is now saying 'click to connect' instead of 'no network' but when I click I get connection attempt failed message, 'Please make sure your device is connected to your computer and that your settings are correct.' :(

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you able to compare the settings it's talking about with those on your laptop?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1133643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice