1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 DONGLE - How to speed it up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jim Hutchinson, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim Hutchinson

Jim Hutchinson Thread Starter

I have a three network dongle. It is really slow. I have been told that you can make changes to the registry or to internet explorer or firefox that will really speed things up. Does anyone know about this. I think its something to do with speeding up the protocols

2. amanxman

amanxman

Hey,

I think the main problem would be the actually speed you're getting through the network on the dongle - i.e. reception/network speed.

I've seen heaps of these 'speed up your internet' pieces of software, reg hacks etc, but personally I wouldn't go near any of them.

There is no reason why IE or Firefox will be set up to go slower than it actually can (!!) so to me that means that these 'speed up' bits and pieces aren't too handy...

I'd start by looking at network reception - what speed should you be getting according to the network provider compared to what are you getting?

And obvious question - make sure you're in a 3G (or 3G Broadband) reception area... I used to have one, and 90% of the time I was only in normal network range, so no 3g speed.... let alone 3g broadband speeds...

Hope that helps

3. Jim Hutchinson

Jim Hutchinson Thread Starter

OK thanks - I will try working that out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764058