1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 HardDisk in 1 CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ooiyh, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ooiyh

ooiyh Thread Starter

I am trying to setup the 3rd Hard Disk in my CPU. It doesn't seems to able detect my already formated hard disk. Is it possible to have 3 Hard Disk in 1 CPU? If so, how do should I go about it? Do I need to do anything with the Jumper on the Hard Disk?

2. buckfan1

buckfan1

Yes if they are PATA then on the primary cable make one that your os is on the master and the second set as slave. On the secondary cable make it a slave and your cd rom your master.

3. lehatche

lehatche

Hello, I think it can be done, but first I need to know what drives you already have installed (HDD, and Optical)? Also do both IDE cables have two connectors plus MB connection? Have you thought about putting the third in an external powered case with USB connection?

4. ooiyh

ooiyh Thread Starter

What do you mean PATA?
    I am using ATA connection.

5. norton850

norton850

PATA and ATA are used interchangeably as opposed to something called SATA. lehatche's question is important, however. Besides the 3 hard drives do you have any other drives like CDROM or DVD?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Perhaps if you told us the make/model of the system or motherboard, and all of the attached hard disk and optical disks, we could be more specific.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice