Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 mobile broadband

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sez123 
#1 ·
Please help! I have 3 connect mobile broadband (dongle). I connected it ages ago and it installed and worked fine. Then I uninstalled it. Now when I put the dongle into the USB port, it won't auto install. It says that it cannot be installed properly. (it does, however, work on other computers). I phones 3 connect support and they were uselss. When I looked into device manager, and click on the icon (which has a ! on it) it says:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).

It wont auto load and im getting pretty fed up. Please can anyone help. I am thinking I must have deleted some drivers, but when i select 'update driver' it says that my drivers are fully updated.

Please help!

#5 ·
hey, thanks for your reply, but I can't find the mobile broadband card! Also, since I posted, someone has told me I need to clean my registry as when it was last installed, I probably didn't uninstall it properly. I am just trying to find the right registry cleaner!
thanks.

#7 ·
Registry cleaners are kind of a waste of time unless the machine is upwards of 5 years old and used heavily.

Download the software from the provider's website.
This is going to be your best option. But if you insist on cleaning your registry, use this link to download CCleaner. It's free and works well.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

By the way, make sure to download ccleaner and not the other stuff. There is a picture attachment that shows the cursor over where youll find the download.

Attachments

#8 ·
It is not even recommended that you clean the registry using CCleaner. I would see if you have a restore point set for before the problem occured. Ad restore your system to that date.

#9 ·
thanks for all the help. It turns out it was a problem with my DVD/CD driver. I ended up searching the error code online and exact wording of the CD/DVD on device manager, and downloading something from microsoft which fixed the CD/DVD...once that was sorted and I used the internet dongle, it automatically started installing!
thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.