1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

3 months of terror with my PC Please help....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by javierg86, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. javierg86

javierg86 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi guys.. well first of all thanks for reading my problem :) ...
    Since about May I have been having problems with my Pc but had been finding ways for it to work somehow but today the same problem that has been going on for 3 months started again... I have a Pentium 4 Pc 1.6GHz 394mb Ram and have Windows Xp Pro installed...

The problem is that many times my computer crashes and runs into a blue screen that states that the file "sys32k.sys" has caused an error and the computer has been shut down... another blue screen that appears states that there is a "memory_management" problem and that the computer was shut down and a third blue scrren that appears says that there was a fatal error and that windows could not be started...

this last blue screen appears only whe starting up windows... and the first 2 while I am usually working or simply while on the desktop...

this is making me NUTS... literally...
    I have the theory that my Hard Drive is the one with the problem because I have formatted the drive completely about 10 times and made a clean windows Xp again and the same problem appears or that my windows xp is faulty and doesn't install the file -->"sys32k.sys" correctly... I even changed the motherboard and tested it without the VideoCard I recently bought (which I taught was the original problem) but the same occurs.. I also tried using the recovery console that comes in the Windows XP instalation disc and repairing the current instalation but it just doen't finish and says that the files could not be copied to the drive.... and I have just run out of ideas of what to do or what to try so that it runs correctly... any ideas??

(just for you to know I am at this time reinstalling and I am going nuts because the instalation just won't finish and is just hanging there and it has about 1 and a half hour doing that.. this is a fresh instalation in the same partition just for me to recover the files I need from there but it seems it just won't finish making the instalation..)

please help me I really need to have this PC working as I have all my work in there....
    THANKS!!

2. javierg86

sorry for posting again but the file that makes the PC crash is either "sys32k.sys" or "system32k.sys" I donĀ“t remember the name correctly...
    thanks for the help...

3. DeaconX

DeaconX

did you go ahead and delete the partition you are working on rite now. i had some ideas for you to try before you reinstalled but i guess its too late now. but anyway since you prolly wiped the partition already and since you may need a harddrive although thats not a windows sys even tho it says sys32.sys its not a sys file because you cant google it. or find it out anywhere else. but you can take the suspected busted harddrive put it in slavemode take the new harddrive. put it in master and install windows on the new hard drive. if you cannot access your files from the slave then you now know that the harddrive is scrizzewd

4. AGCurry

AGCurry

Well, since you've tried it with a different motherboard, that leaves:

1. Faulty memory - have you tried different RAM?
    2. Faulty HD. Possible but not probable.
    3. Faulty installation CD. Since your problems are repeatable and consistent, I would gravitate toward this explanation - the same file(s) seem to be giving you the problem.

5. javierg86

thanks for answering :)
    Well actually I just reinstalled windows XP and all my settings (like user acounts and files) are still there (probably installed and now the pc is working fine... a already made a scandisk on the whole HD and also checked the surface and they are just fine... I think i will go ahead and buy some new Ram just in case and would also get a new instalation disk to prevent this from being the cause of the sudden crashes.. thanks for ypur help guys... :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!